One of the questions I get asked over and over again is, “What am I putting in my super shakes?” While I change up the ingredients quite often, here’s what I’m using these days.
- Step 1: 5 ice cubes
- Step 2: ½ frozen banana & 2 pitted dates
- Step 3: 2 kale leaves & 1 tsp of powdered greens supplement (there are many good kinds of greens supplements)
- Step 4: 2 scoops of plain pea protein powder (I try different kinds of protein powders to see what they taste like)
- Step 5: Handful of walnuts
- Step 6: Water (just enough for it to mix)
- Step 7: Top with a few sprinkles of coconut or a teaspoon of coconut oil
- Step 8: Drink and smile. You’re getting more nutrition in this shake than most people get in one week.
And one other tip. Someone emailed me and told me their blender was smoking! At first I thought this was a joke until I realized what they were saying. Blenders do smoke. It means it’s time for a new one!
Keep in mind, not all of the steps are mandatory. If you don’t want any fruit, leave it out. If you are using almond milk and don’t want to add extra nuts, leave them out. You get the idea.
In the end, select some of the fruits you enjoy, with vegetables and proteins that seem to work best for you. Feel free to experiment. I do recommend that you add your ingredients in the order listed. I find this gives me the best consistency and easiest blending. That way my blender doesn’t smoke!