I’m making these changes in how and what I eat, so you might want to consider them as well.
- I’m eating more slowly and I’m already a slow eater. It’s a good idea for all of us to slow down. Try this just as an experiment. At your next meal, eat as slowly as possible. See if you can extend your usual meal time by at least 10 minutes. When you take the time to eat more slowly and really taste your food, you’ll not only feel full from less food but I’m betting it will change your whole dining experience.
- I’m snacking on pistachios. I’m usually a pecans/almonds/walnuts eater. However, I was finding that I was grabbing handfuls of them too often and eating too many nuts. Because you have to eat one pistachio at a time and shell them, it’s a whole different snacking experience. I’m really enjoying it.
- I’m going to give hemp milk a try. Why? It has a few more grams of protein than other milks and I like to switch off and use different “milks.”
- I’m increasing my vitamin C intake. The more I study the research, the more important vitamin C becomes. I’m making sure I get about 5-6 grams a day.
- What am I blending for my smoothies these days? Well, I’m going to add hemp milk, protein powder, something green (like spinach or a green powder), frozen banana, and some nuts or nut butter. Sometimes I’ve also been adding yogurt in my smoothies.
- What do I eat when I want to “cheat”? IF I could get good pizza, it would definitely be that. I know I could make pizza at home but it never tastes as good. So until I can get good pizza, it’s pasta!
Let me know if you make any of these changes and how they work out for you!