Here’s a topic that we spent quite a bit of time discussing in a class I teach called Fit for Life.
The topic is Healthy Fast Food Breakfasts.
I first have to say that I rarely, and I do mean rarely, eat breakfast away from my home.
So, I have to admit that although I’m going to pass this information along to you, I have never tasted any of these breakfast choices. I do know that many people take breakfast to go and that it’s important to keep those to-go choices as healthy as possible.
This list was compiled by Health Magazine. They looked at the best breakfasts that would combine complex carbohydrates, protein and healthy fats in a “fast-food” breakfast.
Here’s what they came up with.
1. Spinach Florentine Breakfast Wrap: Cosi.
2. Protein Artisan Snack Plate : Starbucks
3. Berry Topper Ideal Meal: Jamba Juice
4. Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal: Au Bon Pain
5. Scrambled Egg Whites, Chicken Sausage, and Fruit: Denny’s
6. Fruit and Maple Oatmeal: McDonald’s
7. Simple and Fit Veggie Omelette: IHOP
8. Western Egg White and Cheese Muffin Melt: Subway
9. Egg White Turkey Sausage Wake-Up Wrap: Dunkin’ Donuts
10. Breakfast Power Sandwich: Panera Bread
Don’t do the take-out breakfast routine too often. You’ll eat healthier, eat less and save a ton of money if you get in the home breakfast making mode.
Speaking of which, it’s time for my breakfast! Most days that’s a smoothie which these days consists of berries, protein powder, green drink, walnuts, yogurt, and pumpkin seeds. Yummy!