Shelli’s evolution from being an active athletic child to becoming a fitness and nutrition specialist, coach, consultant, and author, has been filled with years of studying and learning. She brings to her students and clients 25+ years of experience both as a multisport athlete and as a professional in the health and fitness field.
As a lifelong learner she is always studying and practicing in her own body so she can bring new and exciting ideas to her students and clients.
In sharing her knowledge with others, she is a vibrant and energetic seminar and workshop leader. Shelli has taught countless classes and workshops, and her work is presented with energy and humor. She has been a featured speaker at REI and RoadRunner Sports, and has worked extensively with chiropractors, physical therapists, and bodyworkers. She uses an interdisciplinary approach in all her teaching, and encourages her clients and students to take control of their personal health and fitness.
Now in her 60s, she continues to enjoy an increasingly healthy and active lifestyle. She enjoys traveling, swimming, running, hiking, golf, tennis, and just about any activity that gets her outdoors!
Certifications and Special Training
- Z-Health Certified Trainer, Level 4
- Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT)
- Shadow Yoga Teacher (2008)
- Certified ChiRunning® Instructor (2004)
- Core Awareness® Workshops (Psoas) with Liz Koch (2003-2004)
- Advanced Pilates Certification (2004)
- Pilates Matwork Exercises Certification (2002)
- ACE Certified Personal Trainer (2002)
- Certified Kitaido Yoga Instructor (2001)
- YMCA Group Exercise Instructor (2001)
- YMCA Certified Personal Trainer (2001)
- Certified YogaKids Facilitator (2000)
- CPR (certification current)
- M.A., Exercise Science, San Diego State University (1982)
- B.A., Physical Education, San Francisco State University (1979)